Compensation for Victims of Robbery Crimes
According to the National Center for the Victims of Crimes, millions of dollars are lost in robberies every year. Now, robbery is one of the most common crimes that occurs in America. Here are a few facts regarding robbery from the National Center for the Victims of Crimes:
- Many robbery victims state that the robber was a stranger
- Burglary offenses occur on streets and highways, in commercial establishments, and in homes
- Robbers are sometimes under the age of 18
- Robberies are committed with firearms or other weapons in about 40% of cases
- Victims often sustain some physical injury in the course of a robbery
- The average value of property loss in a robbery is typically more than $1000
Can I Recover For Injuries Sustained During A Robbery?
Being a seriously injured victim of a robbery can be very overwhelming, leaving you with anger and distress, especially knowing that, besides your injuries, you have lost valuable property. In some instances, you or a family member may have been injured or killed by the assailant during the robbery, leaving behind serious injuries or the loss of a loved one. While the attackers will have to answer for the crime in a criminal hearing, you may have recourse against the thief, and the commercial venue where it occurred in a civil lawsuit. You may be able to recover for:
- medical expenses
- lost wage replacement
- funeral and burial expenses
Who Can I Sue For Injuries That Occurred During A Robbery?
Through civil litigation, a negligent property owner and the robber themselves can be accountable for the actions they carried out or their failure to provide adequate security on the premises. We are dedicated to pursuing civil justice for victims of crime across the USA.
Contact An Experienced Robbery Victim Law Firm Today
The psychological trauma one faces from a robbery is the greatest challenge for the surviving victim. Feeling that one’s personal safety has been violated may never go away, leaving those victims with fear and unrest. At the Law Office of David P. Thiruselvam, we will provide you with the best services to help in the recovery process. Contact one of our experienced robbery victim attorneys today for a consultation.