Though violent crimes have decreased significantly in the U.S. over the past 30 years, the Philadelphia area has still struggled to become a safe community. Even with gun control laws in place, many violent crimes occurring involve shooting victims. Shooting crimes in Philadelphia occur often; being aware of when and where these crimes occur can help residents stay safe, we’ve written about an increase in Philadelphia shootings here as well.
Be Vigilant & Take Precautions
Taking precautions such as installing home security systems, bolt locks, and reinforcing windows can help protect and prevent you from armed robbers; any ways to create a safer home environment will help give you the time needed to call local law enforcement or seek shelter in a safer area. When traveling around the city, be sure to never travel alone, and to stay on well-lit and busy streets.
Even more important, always report heard gunshots or suspicious activity to police. Only through criminal investigation will justice be served, and victims will be able to pursue them for claims in court. If you, a loved one, or a friend in your community has been directly hurt or affected by shooting crimes, reach out to local law enforcement and law firms to get the justice, service, and protection you deserve.
Being aware of local crimes can also help prevent and solve this issue of shooting crimes. By keeping up to date on
events in your neighborhood, you can help law enforcement find criminals and assist them in keeping your neighborhood as safe as possible.
Recent Shootings In The Philadelphia Area:
- Six dead, shooter commits suicide after shooting rampage in suburban Philadelphia town; shooter’s body found in woods after a two-day manhunt that left the community rattled and cautious. Read the full report from CBS.
- Gunman in North Philly disturbs neighborhood with spray of 15-20 bullets; no injuries reported, gunman quickly arrested and taken into custody. Read the full report from Philly.com
- Two shot at Glenolden home, suspect taken into custody; no further information on status of victims.
- 46-year old man fatally shot while driving SUV in Point Breeze. Police arrived to scene to find the SUV crashed into the front of a nearby home, 14 bullet wounds in victim. No arrests made.
- 21-year old man wounded in shooting on Summerdale Ave. while defending home from robbers; suspects were three men wearing masks and hoodies. Resident’s cellphone reportedly stolen during the altercation.30-year old bartender in University City area shot in leg while standing outside of bar, walks back inside to call law enforcement. Suspect was seen running away, no leads thus far.
- 26-year old man fatally shot in head and chest in Logan; victim pronounced dead at hospital after being found by police. No suspects as of yet.